Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Why is it that sometimes everything is so hard?

Elliott is eating lunch. Cheerios. I've been assigned to sit on a chair behind him while he climbs around and breathes in my face his snotty cheerio breath.

Last night we ate cafe rio for dinner - never again! At 3:30 I woke up terribly sick, writhing in bed. I managed to get myself back to sleep at 5 for an hour or so. I got out of the shower at 7, got dressed and then walked downstairs and puked my brains out in the half bath toilet.

The toilet - good thing that there are 4 in my house - has been my best friend this morning. Can you say food poisoning? I can.

Here's the problem with being sick today. No one can or wants to take care of me and my boy. We're on our own and things aren't running so smoothly. Also, we're supposed to go out of town tomorrow for four days. I can barely sit up straight (yes, I know I'm blogging but I'm scrunched over typing on my lap...it's an extremely pathetic sight, i promise.

Right now I cannot function. That means no cleaning, packing, laundry or any of the other million things I must do today before we leave the house at 1:30 never to return until the evening.

Do you feel sorry for me yet? Yeah, that's what I figured. No one else does either.

2 comments:

Harried Mom said...

Actually Annie, I truly do feel sorry for you. I experienced similar distress 2 years ago after eating at a Perkins. Nothing like having a 20 month old and a 10 month old to deal with when your hugging the white goddess. If I was there I'd take the little guy off your hands for you. With any luck it will work itself out speedily for you.

Anonymous said...

We are all wanting to take care of you -- sometimes it's hard to know what to do. Take care -- nothing like a good night's sleep to make things better.
Mom

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails