Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Day 10: Fit

Every fall I have flashbacks to when I was younger, particularly an elementary school student. It was that time of year, the time to go school shopping, and high on my list was a new pair of jeans.

An impossible mission for sure.

I was always too tall for anything in the girls department.

I was too small for the womens department.

I have vivid memories of being in a ZCMI dressing room with my mom throwing jeans over the top of the door and me trying on, probably literally hundreds of pairs of denim.

Nothing fit.

Nothing ever fit.

Tears.

Now I'm much older - and a little more settled into my shape. I'm still working on losing weight - I've lost all but a few pounds of the weight I gained with the chicker and still have 8 to go by the end of the year to reach my goal of 20 by 2010.

Anyway - I'm back on the quest for jeans. A really good pair that fits.

And the quest may never end. Since May, I've purchased 4 new pair. All of them "fit" in one way - length, waist, hips, thighs - but none of them fit in the right way, all the way.

I don't own a belt. I'm constantly pulling up my pants.

One pair makes me look like I have a bit of a front butt.

I really don't.

One pair makes me look too much like a mom.

One pair rides too low and my underwear is always hanging out.

One pair is super long - which is awesome - but I'm saving them for Christmas.

I'm not sure why it's such a struggle to find pants that fit and are flattering.

It's not that too much to ask, is it?

- oh, this post sucked!

sorry, I'll try again tomorrow.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails