Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Sweet Victory

After WEEKS of stress and sweat and maybe a few tears shed, I got this e-mail this morning.

I drove the boy to school, entered the forbidden parking lot, parked in a visitor slot, told the boy to go in the school and check the "list", I waited. I waited. I had this sick feeling in my stomach. I waited. It seemed like and eternity, at least 50 students walked by and entered the school. Then I saw him, he came out the far south door, no indication of anything, I was sick inside. Then, I saw a sign, right arm thrust upward with conviction, and the right thumb pointing up! He made it! He made the final cut! He is on the basketball team! Yes!

Have a great day!
Mom

We're one step closer, my brother and me, to our dream...an NCAA championship. We'll settle for a Jr. High Championship first though.

IMGP3851

at the ball game

1 comment:

japetersen said...

You are a nice sister --

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails