Saturday, June 19, 2010

41 months

Preschool Graduation 2010

This was a big week for my three and a half year old.  He had his first of many graduations.  This one was from preschool - something he'll be doing for another two years because he has a January birthday.  Sorry kiddo - your mom and dad should have planned that one better. 

When I found out last year that one of the nicest ladies in the neighborhood was going to put together a very small at home preschool to help her deaf son assimilate a little better into the world of crazy kids I jumped at the chance to add you to the group.  You needed the social time and you already loved Benjamin and I hoped it would be just the structure you needed to get some quality learning in.

Well, it ended up being the absolute best thing in the whole world for you, my boy.  When school started in January you were shy and nervous and prone to dramatics.  One of the first times at school I brought you home in hysterics because I wasn't the first mom to pick you up - you thought I wasn't coming.  Six months later however, you were wanting to walk to school by yourself and being upset when it was time to come home - wanting to stay and play and learn forever.

Preschool Graduation 2010

At graduation this week you were the star.  You followed instructions, sang the songs the loudest, and stood silently and proudly as Miss Tammi talked about all that you have learned, and all that you have taught the kids over the last few months.  You're a born leader, she said, with an imagination that took the class to the moon and back.

You have learned so much.  We are so proud of you at three years old, I can only imagine what the years ahead hold for you.  I get goose bumps sometimes when I see you learning and growing and turning into such a smart and kind little boy.  Though we have our moments, the two of us, I couldn't be more happy and proud of you.

Preschool Graduation 2010

To celebrate your big graduation day, Dad was able to come to your ceremony.  Then, we went to lunch with some of your favorite people; Uncle Willie, Haley and baby Molly.  And, if that wasn't enough, tonight you and your dad are going to a REAL soccer game.  Just the two of you.

Because you're a big boy.  And we love you.

Preschool Graduation 2010

Preschool Graduation 2010

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails