Tuesday, February 27, 2018

Grandpa's Funeral




I am getting to the age, where weddings and funerals are becoming my reality.  That's when I see people, reconnect, and feel joy and sadness.  Over the weekend with my Grandpa's viewing and funeral, I saw so many great people who loved my grandparents and my extended family.

Sometimes, I think that the Huber family is all myth and legend.  But, no matter what, I am so proud to be the granddaughter of Ed and Jerry Huber.  Nothing is more important to me than keeping the memory and respect for all my grandparents alive.

Yesterday at the funeral, my brother played the piano.  It was a beautiful compilation of hymns he had put together himself.  It gave me goosebumps here on earth, as I'm sure it did to all those in heaven who were watching.

I loved my grandparents fiercely when they were alive.  I will continue to love them just as faithfully now that they are somewhere else, a little further away.

IMGP2259

IMGP2263

IMGP2286

IMGP2319

IMGP2326

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails