Monday, September 02, 2013

Quinner: O N E Y E A R O L D !


 


Oh me oh my!  Today my baby you are ONE YEAR OLD!  I am so excited I can hardly stand it.  In our family, on your birthday you get to pick a birthday activity and a place to go to dinner.  But, since you're not quite at that stage, mom and dad picked for you.  Instead of a birthday activity, you got a mini vacation full of loads of fun with your family.  Yee Ha!

Little buddy of  mine, I love you so much.  I don't know what we did without you and I can hardly believe how quickly the last year has blown by.  You were a puzzle piece in our little family and filled a huge gap.  You are smart as a whip, crazy funny, and almost always happy to be wherever we are.  Yes, you'd like to be outside more, but little boys who eat bugs don't get to spend as much time outside as they would like.

Your little personality is starting to shine, and I can hardly wait to see what it brings.  You laugh and snort like a pig.  You can do the animal sound for a fish and a snake and a dog.  You can almost whistle and can go up the stairs standing, using the railing for balance.

I'm not sure if you are ever going to walk because it's pretty much impossible to learn to walk on your tip toes, but you are a great dancer so that must count for something.

You say, mom and dad when you want us and if we're outside when dad gets home from work, you crawl to his truck at lightning speed and say, "Hi dad!" a couple of times until he picks you up. 

You love to eat and drink and in the last little while you've had diet coke, coke zero, and a milkshake from chick-fil-a.  Oh, and smoothies - you love smoothies.  There isn't anything you've tried yet that grossed you out although watching you eat a few things, like pasta and mandarin oranges grosses me out to the max.

There are times I forget that you are such a big boy and wish that I had my little squisher back but there are others that you seem so grown up - that the world just feels right.  It's maybe the times you are playing in the toilet and shoving countless treasures from the floor into your mouth that I wish you weren't mobile, but most of the time, it's okay.

Your brothers and I are teaching you itsy bitsy spider.  You love it.  When we finish, you grab my hands and put them in the air so we can start again.  You actually grab hands for lots of things - anything that you need that you need us to do for you.  You are pretty smart about stuff like that and impress me all the time.

Oh my boy!  Everyone loves you.  But me, your mama?  I love you the most.

Happy "I survived my first year" day.

1 comment:

fivewoods said...

Happy Birthday to Quinn. What a sweet, cute little boy!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails