Friday, September 20, 2013

Called to serve...the people of Lithuania!


We've all been nervous for a week.
The phone call on Wednesday was to tell me that the letter did not come.
When the phone call came on Thursday, I had everything crossed.

Me: So?
Willie: It came!
Me:  Aaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhh I'm so excited.  Wyatt come here!
Wyatt:  Willie, did your missionary papers come?
Willie: Yes!
Wyatt:  Aaaaaahhhhhhhhhhh!
Elliott:  I just got out of the bathroom, Willie, did your missionary papers come?
Willie: Yes!
Elliott:  Aaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhh!

Quinn:  Tooka tooka tooka!

We were the last to arrive at my parents house at 8:00 pm last night.  There was a huge crowd of family and Willie's friends.  My mom made him sit on a folding chair in the middle of the room like when he was a little kid on his birthday.  He opened the letter and read it to himself.  His eyes bugged out of his head a little, he fanned his face (Probably a little veklempt) and then he started to giggle a bit.  Once he gained his composure, he read us the first paragraph, that he has been called to serve in the Baltic Mission, specifically Lithuania!

Holy Freaking Cow, batman!

Now, we all of course made guesses and surprisingly, the majority of our guesses were in Europe.  But not Eastern Europe.  That was really quite a shock for everyone.  I was nervous all day yesterday, but when I talked to my mom on the phone yesterday afternoon I told her that I just really wanted him to go to Europe.

I got my wish.

I wonder how long it takes for the mail to get to Lithuania?

This morning, driving to school, all the boys wanted to talk about was Uncle Willie's mission.  Elliott wanted to know if we can skype him and draw him pictures and how many months and days he'll be gone.  Wyatt?  He was in the back just telling us he was picking his nose and farting.

Willie said he wanted his mission to be an adventure.  Well, an adventure is coming!  He reports to the MTC on February 26, 2014.  It's going to be crazy.

 

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails