Thursday, September 26, 2013

Passing the buck!

20130814_193257

Last night we had dinner at my mom's house, with my grandpa.  My mom does dinner every Wednesday night, and we try to join as often as possible.  After dinner, I went down to the basement to round up my children, and saw, that, in the toys section, that the toys had pretty much exploded into a giant ball of mess.

I asked for some help as I was on my hands and knees.  Of the four children in the basement I had no takers.

Then I saw the Lego's.  There were teeny tiny Lego's everywhere.  It was a mess, to say the least.

"Elliott", I exclaimed!  "Help me clean up these Lego's!"

"Molly did it!" and he ran up the stairs.

"Wyatt, will you help me clean up these Lego's?" I asked.

"I don't want to.  Molly did it!"  He told me.

"I'll give you a dollar...." I replied.

"Okay, but Molly did it.  I saw her dump them out." he told me back.

"Molly, get over here and help me clean up these Lego's," I yelled to her across the room.

She walked over, casually dropped the toy she was carrying in front of me and looked me in the eye.

"Jack did it!" she declared.....

and walked away.

It was just me and Wyatt.

And he got two dollars.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails