Tuesday, July 11, 2006

San Diego Adventure

Ross and I got back last night from lovely San Diego. By Day, I attended a conference called NECC and Ross hung out in the hotel and by afternoon and evening we toured the city and ate soooo much good food that I may not need to eat for the next week.
Rather than do individual posts for each day, I thought I'd just go through the highlights.
  • We stayed at two hotels, the W San Diegow san diego right in the heart of SD and at the OceanPark Inn, right on the boardwalk at Mission Beach.sunset from hotel Both hotels were nice and accomodating, even though the Internet was not our friend the entire adventure.
  • The Conference was not the most exciting part of the trip, but it was okay. I learned a few valuable things that I will definately be able to bring back to my teaching.
  • Everywhere we ate was tasty, especially Filippi's in Little Italy and Mission Beach (yes, we dined at Filippi's twice) and Miguel's on Coronado. And, we can't forget the In and Out Burger. Ross and I were more than happy to introduce Jared to the best burger joint on the West Coast. It was also a pleasant suprise to find Gelato all throughough the city and on Coronado Island. I love Gelato! And, breakfast yesterday morning at Longboarders in Oceanside was pretty good, too.
  • The San Diego Wild Animal Park is way overrated. Molly the moron was our tour guide, the animals were motionless, and I sweat more at the park then I have sweat breathing ever in my life. I think we'll stick to the zoo from now on. However, Ross and I were witness to a rhino peeing...that was exciting.trio of rhino
  • The beach is cool. the beachIn one morning on the beach, we saw a dead fish at least 3 feet long with a mouth bigger than my head, too many sessy joggers, a man rollerblading down the boardwalk in a teeny, tiny thong (yes, we've been scarred), and Ross got in the ocean just as a ray swam past him. Who says that marine life doesn't get close to shore?
  • On our 2 hour harbor cruise Sunday afternoon we saw battleships galore, beautiful coastline, sea lions, pelicans, and a pigeon with a peg leg. How cool is that? peg leg pigeon

As usual, traveling is a lot of fun but it is always good to come home and as usual, I am happy to be back in my house...no matter how hot it got because Ross turned the AC off while we were gone.

2 comments:

.::still blinking::. said...

When there are two beds in a hotel room, jj and I sleep in the seperate beds. I love taking up the entire bed myself and distancing myself from the snore.

Annie said...

We slept in separate beds too. It's nice to have some space every once in a while.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails