Tuesday, July 11, 2006

So, like, sometimes people read my blog

If I may pose a question...How far do you let something go before you call it quits?

While in San Diego at dinner one night, a coworker of mine mentioned that he had shared this blog posting with someone he goes to church with and that person felt the need to comment on my blog. At dinner I read the comments and found them juvenile and pedestrian at best, but what do I care. The person commenting knows nothing about me, has no idea that I have traveled the world extensively, OR that I am a student of politics, the law, history, and art, among many other things. So, I just chose to ignore the comments.

Well, someone else didn't want to ignore them. Today, for lack of any work motivation, I chose to glance at that posting again and low and behold, there is another comment. Not quite sure who anonymous is, but he/she is not very nice and apparently has bigger issues with accuracy than me.

So, back to the question, how long do you let something go before you call it quits? I think that I am going to turn comments off for the DaVinci post once and for all.

However...Internet, thanks for reading. Just be nice.

7 comments:

Lindsey Montague said...

Wow. You win for having the most comments on her blog. I am so curious as to the first set of comments left by "anonymous." (you took it off, right?) Let's get another controversial train of thought going. Topic: neighbors. Specifically: nude at scout camp.

Annie said...

What? Nude at scout camp? I've got to hear more.

.::still blinking::. said...

Who was nude at scout camp? Yuck to any of the neighbors in the vicinity of us. I don't want to see it ever, and it especially inappropriate at scouting something. Don't traumatized the boys Jacko.

Lindsey Montague said...

Oh, ladies do I have a story for you. Yes it is a neighbor that we all know... and do not love. I am working up the guts to share it on my blog. Is it gossiping when it is fact?

.::still blinking::. said...

I know the feeling about putting fact up, but just because it is fact does not mean that it needs to be documented for others to read. If you could get sued for slander or is it libel I would not do it. This was the problem with my blog and that is why I erased some of it. I just did not think that it was worth hurting other people. Now that I just talk about myself, which happens to be my favorite subject, I do not worry about other people reading it or finding it. I would not document it, you don't know who is reading these things.

.::still blinking::. said...

Or how they may damage your house.

.::still blinking::. said...

And by the way, will you send me the comment that you erased? I would like to see it or know what the jist of it was.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails