Thursday, December 17, 2009

It's about time

So It's a week before Christmas and we finally have a tree. We've been trying to get one for about a week and the two grumpy children in our house have dashed the plans every single night.

On Tuesday night we finally gave up and just bought a tree at the grocery store as part of our regular weekly shopping. I gave up total control and let the boys pick it out. It isn't the Charlie Brown tree that I lovingly appreciate every year, but it will do.

This morning, we decorated.
IMGP6521

IMGP6529

I guess now it's actually beginning to feel like Christmas.

That, and the fact that I've spent 10 wonderful hours wrapping Christmas presents for my grandma. I look forward to wrapping week every single year and have managed to work my fingers off in a few days this week. Oh, how I love to wrap. I really do. It's cathartic for me, I think. All I need is a diet coke, some presents to wrap, and a xanex. Those three things together really hit the spot. It's like being on a beach.

Really. I'm serious. I like to wrap that much.

IMGP6525

4 comments:

fivewoods said...

Cute Tree! Cute kids!

Bing Math said...

1) Wyatt looks thrilled!

2) Don't blame your lack of a tree on your poor little children. Admit it's you, you Christmas anti-tree-ers.

... said...

Dang, I think I would enjoy wrapping if I took a xanex too!

Codi said...

So...I'll be by later today with a diet coke with crushed ice for you and I'll unload my car of gifts, a few rolls of paper and tape and pick it up from you next week - deal?!

I despise wrapping.

I love your tree and also those cute little boys hanging around it!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails