Monday, December 14, 2009

My Gift Guide, 2009

In the last few weeks at work, I've been called upon to help create a presentation titled, "Holiday Gift Guide, 2009". I've now done the presentation twice and figured that I'd share the websites, or at least some of the websites, with you, my humble blog followers.

All 10 of you.

Really? There are a whole 10 of you?

Cool.

Here it is, enjoy (oh, none of the blog links are active, because I'm too lazy to really do the linking. Just copy/paste if you want to look.)

www.pandora.com – give a gift playlist to someone you love, like an old fashioned mix tape.

www.netflix.com – gift subscriptions

www.etsy.com – handmade gifts for everyone

www.cafepress.com – get your design on a t-shirt

http://twitter.threadless.com – put your favorite tweet on a t-shirt

www.theflip.com – flip digital video cameras

www.apple.com – iphone, ipod, itunes, computers

www.ottoskins.com – skins (covers/protectors) for all your electronic devices

www.zhu-zhu-pets.com – toys for your kids

www.greennpower.com – personal energy generator

www.acmestudio.com – eco friendly, bio-degradable pens

www.basabody.com – all natural body products that support women of Kenya

www.stubbypencilstudio.com – eco friendly arts and crafts products for kids

www.mypublisher.com – photo books, photo cards, calendars

www.blurb.com – photo books with lots of great themes – sell you book as well as get it printed

www.tinyprints.com – personalized printing – greeting cards, cards for events, etc.

www.moo.com – connect to your flickr account and print business cards, note cards, etc with your own images

www.vistaprint.com – personalized printing – you want it printed, they’ll do it and usually at a discount

www.wordle.net – personalized word clouds

www.animoto.com – new tool for making videos online – free accounts for teachers

www.photodex.com – pro show gold software that lets you make fantastic slideshows

www.photojojo.com – great camera stuff and ideas for your pictures

This year for Christmas, Ross and I decided to set a price limit and purchase our own gifts - stuff we really wanted or needed, with out having to bother telling the other person. It worked out well. I've wrapped a few of those items so we have something to open "from each other" on Christmas morning with the kids. Corny, yes, but I'm really excited about it.

My favorite gift to myself this year came from here: www.thevintagepearl.com
I got myself one of these, with each of my boys initials and a super long chain so I don't choke.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails