Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Thank heavens it's almost over....

January totally sucks. Just sayin' 

 I think that, collectively, all the people around the world could do without January.  I mean, it's only 31 days, we could divide those up right?  Give April an extra week, maybe June or September a week or two because January?  You totally suck.

If it weren't for my sweet boy having a birthday in January, I could totally and completely get rid of this icky month.  What a crappy way to start the new year.  But, then again, maybe it stinks to help us appreciate the rest of the year.

Why so down on January?  Because, in the last few weeks:

the breaks on my car squeak so loud when I'm backing out of my driveway it's like there is a humpback whale beached in the snow.

my dishwasher no longer washes dishes.  It seems to just sprinkle them with water.

my dryer, unless loaded with a perfectly medium load, bounces all over my laundry room as if it's alive and coming to get me.  We just recently had it balanced by a professional, but it didn't help.

my very nice, very expensive vacuum is broken.

the extra fridge/freezer in garage stopped working and I had to throw away a ton of thawed out, "frozen" food.  Then, it started working again.  Then it stopped.  Then it started.  Then it stopped.

Inversion.

My kids are sick.

I am sick.

My niece is sick.

My brother is sick.

The snow is cold.

Putting away clothes is really hard work.

I may or may not have found fecal matter belonging to a rodent in my basement.

But, there is always  a light at the end of the tunnel.  It cannot get much colder.  I feel spring coming in my bones (oh wait, that's arthritis!).  And, at the end of March we are going to Disneyland with my family.  That may be the only thing getting us through the bleak.

Disneyland.....

Disneyland....

DISNEYLAND!!!!!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails