Thursday, May 12, 2016

Happy Happy Birthday Wyatt Dear...

IMGP0608


Today, my boy, you are seven years old.  I can remember the day you were born, and it was great. Our first exchange this morning, on your birthday, was also great.

I opened the door to my bedroom after I got out of the shower and you were standing there, smiling.  I said, "good morning, Wyatt."  You said, "hi mom."  I smiled and said, "Happy Birthday!"  You let out a little sigh, grinned ear to ear and as you dove in for a gigantic hug said, "Thank you!"

You are a handsome, smart, funny and talented boy.  You are always the first kid awake in our house, would like to be the last one to go to sleep and if I'd let you, you'd prefer to sleep on the couch every night.  You are happiest at school, playing baseball, and building worlds in mine craft.  You have grown so much in the last year and are truly an amazing little kid.

Your smile and laugh are infectious.  You love knock-knock jokes, and have become an excellent reader.  Your teachers love you, you sit at a table of ALL GIRLS at school, and get chased by those same girls at recess.  I have no idea, well really I don't want to think about how handsome you will be in a few years, but I think that those girls at school seem to know something I am not ready to come to grips with yet.  Man alive, you are a good looking kid.

You love sugar and raspberries; ice cream and hot fudge.  Food, at least throughout most of your childhood I'm afraid, will always be your nemesis...but that's what missions to foreign lands are for.

Your asthma is getting better and as you get older, your lungs get stronger.  You are a champion at the inhaler and haven't been sick for a long time.  Your threshold for pain is remarkable and even when you have two ear infections in the same ear, as you did a few months ago, you took it like a champ.  Now, if only your dad and I could convince you to stop the "broken arm scream" whenever you think your hurt, and stop you from kicking Elliott in the nuts whenever you get mad at him.

I asked you a few of your favorite things this afternoon.  Here were your replies.
Favorite Movie: Harry and the Henderson's
Favorite song: Fitz and the Tantrums, Hand Clap
Favorite TV show: Phinneus and Ferb
Favorite Food: Pizza
Favorite drink: (sneaking mom's) Diet Coke
Favorite Star Wars Episode: The Force Awakens

I love you forever and always.  You are my little chickadee and though you are forever stuck in the middle, your star will always shine brightly.


IMGP0599

1 comment:

fivewoods said...

I love reading about your boys! They are amazing!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails