Tuesday, October 25, 2005

Two, two, two concerts in one month


A while back, I decided that I was going to retire from the concert scene. The feelings of being to old (I know, I'm not old...yet) and not wanting to stand for 18 hours had really started to get to me, so I swore off concerts. Then what happens? Two groups I really like come to town to the same venue in the same month. Who would have known? Ross and I went to see Death Cab for Cutie at the beginning of October and Haley and I went to see Iron and Wine with Calexico (note the obligatory concert ticket photo). The show was a little on the slow and quiet side, but the music was nice. Calexico had a real mariachi feel with trumpets and Spanhish lyrics and Iron and Wine's lead singer nearly whipsered many of the songs. The audience however, was quiet too, like when you were in elementary school and your teachers wanted you to be quiet enough to hear a pin drop. Yeah, it was like that. We had fun but left early. The show was supposed to start at 7:00, didn't start until 8:30 and by 10:30, it was past my witching hour and time for bed. Luckily, I got to sleep in this morning.

That's it. A good show. I liked it. I just wish concerts would start on time.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails