Friday, October 14, 2005

Friday Night Lights



Friday night was the last official home game for the Hunter Wolverines. We missed seeing Preston honored as a senior (#51 in the lower picture), but still made it to the game. We were late because Ross and I had to stop at my parent's house to get my red jacket that I accidentally left there last week. After an extensive search for the jacket, it was brought to my attention that my mom gave my jacket away! I know what you're thinking, "how could she do a thing like that?" but she did. After several minutes of complete and utter panic, I relaxed, borrowed one of Haley's jackets, and we headed for the game. My jacket has since been recovered, but Haley's has not yet been returned...sorry Haley. I'll remember to give it back later.

The game wasn't the most exciting high school football game I've been to, but it was still a game. The wolverines played the Kearns cougars, but I'm using the world "played" lightly. You see, there is a rule in high school athletics, it's called the mercy rule, and when a team takes a lead of 35 points or more, the mercy rule states that the clock shall not stop for the remainder of the game. So, when Hunter went up on Kearns 35 to 0 in the first half, we were treated to a very speedy second half of play. In the end it was Hunter with the decisive victory, 42 to 10. Poor Kearns. We were all feeling very sad for the cougars, but at least they scored. I beleive that they may have the best field goal kicker in the state...he just doesn't get the chance to kick.

Hunter now has almost two weeks off and will play Clearfield in the first round of high school playoffs on the road to the state championship.

Good luck Hunter. Sorry cougars. Better luck next year.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails