Saturday, October 08, 2005

A Good Weekend

I realize that it is only Saturday night, but our weekend has been pretty good so far so I thought I would update the blog. Last night, Ross and I went to a pretty good concert. We went to see the band Death Cab for Cutie. They are basically, in our opinion, a cross between Jimmy Eat World and Cold Play. We went late to avoid the opening band and they played a very long and good set. They played some of our favorite songs and ended the show around 9:30...early enough for us to get home and go to bed. Most important, Death Cab played my new favorite song off of their most recent offering, "Plans." My new fav. is track #5, "follow you into the dark". It is a great little song that I find rather sweet and touching. I highly recommend checking it out if you have the time.

Today was pretty good, too. We started the day at Willie's football game. The team played Bingham and handily beat them, three touchdowns to one. I can't believe how good his team is and how hard they hit for being 10 year olds. Of course I am partial, but Willie is a pretty good football player too. Willie got to be one of the team captains today. It is a cool thing for him except he has to hold hands with the other captains. I think he realizes it is a teamwork thing, and that he doesn't have to worry about it. Besides, he wears gloves so he really isn't touching them anyway. The other funny thing about the game today is that the kids halftime snack was a banana. Well, Willie doesn't like bananas and when he ran past the crew of Petersens, Hubers, Howdens, Woods, and Sudbury's watching his game today, Ross was the only one who was paying attention to him. This made it Ross' lucky day because as Willie ran by, he tossed his banana to Ross without even a flinch or a stutter in his step. Parker ate the banana in case you were wondering.

Tomorrow, we will finish out the weekend doing everything we didn't have time to do today like our laundry and cleaning our house. Then back to work on Monday, but Ross will be starting his new job with American Express, so I am sure he will have a good day in his orientation.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails