Wednesday, August 09, 2006

The slow walk into retirement

Last night, Haley and I went to a concert. We saw Death Cab for Cutie at the SC. The opening band, Mates of State royally sucked, but Death Cab is good. However, I officially came to the realization last night that I am headed down the road to concert retirement. How do I know this? One, I am starting to be one of the oldest people at each show I attend. Two, I almost always get GA "seats" and choose to sit through an entire show rather than stand on the floor. Three, I don't stay through the encores because I would rather get home and get to bed. Yes, this is tremendously pathetic behavior for someone who is not yet 30 years of age, but I think I'm done. Of course, there are still some artists who will pull me out of retirment (thus, the SLOW WALK) but for the most part I'm done. To commemorate my "coming of age" I have decided to put together a little list of some of the shows I have seen in the last few years. The first concert I ever attended was when I was 12 years old; that's 16 years of good concert going and I haven't really been to that many. I'm not quite sure how comprehensive my list is, but I think it's about everyone. If Haley or Ross can think of some that I've missed, I may need to add them to the list.

In no particular order:
New Kids on the Block
Billy Joel (3)
Elton John
Beach Boys
America
B-52’s
The Pretenders
INXS
Sting (5)
Barenaked Ladies (8 including in Holmdel, NJ; Denver, CO; and Las Vegas, NV)
Guster (6 or 7 or 8?)
Strokes
Ravonettes
Cold Play
Iron and Wine
Calexico
Toad the Wet Sproket (2)
Glen Phillips (2)
Nickel Creek (4)
Mutual Admiration Society
Chris Cornell
The Samples (2)
John Mayer
Death Cab for Cutie (2)
Jimmy Eat World (2)
Chris Isaac (2)
Jude

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails