Wednesday, August 23, 2006

So glad I didn't have to deal with this as a teacher...

From my sister via e-mail:

Here's and Ick for today. Today in 7th I said to this girl, "Michelle (I've changed names to protect the innocent), how are you doing today?" She said bad. I said "Why are you bad?" I expected to get some kind of response regarding not liking math or having trouble with something, but instead she said, "I peed my pants."
I said, "Just now?" She said, "No in computers." She said it's something that happens and doctors can't help her. I thought maybe she meant it was a trickle, but when she stood up, her pants were soaked front and back all the way to her knees. I think it was a gallon. I felt really bad, but didn't know what I was supposed to do. I said, "Can you call home?" She said, "No. No one's home. It just sucks."
She didn't seem too upset, but it was very strange.
Not sure what to do with the chair she was in.

I feel so bad for this girl. As if high school (let alone the third day of high school for the new year) isn't bad enough, this poor girl has to deal with major problems. If any of you out there in Internet-land know how to help, make a comment with a good web link or something.

2 comments:

.::still blinking::. said...

Maybe she could suggest going potty after every class so that she does not have accidents. And maybe she could keep a pair of jeans and underwear in her locker.

I feel her pain. I had nerve damage after I had Gentry and could not tell when I needed to go. Luckily I found some pads that worked great and the problem eventually went away.

.::still blinking::. said...

Also, keep clorox wipes handy. I can think of more than one reason those are handy like poop spores.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails