Friday, February 20, 2009

he's pretty extrordinary

IMGP3914



We had a rough morning yesterday - one that resulted in tears on both sides. How do you teach a two year old that he cannot kick his "mama fat tummy baby" in the stomach? I don't know either.

Once lunch was served (early) the morning ended when the boy when down for a very early nap. He was a different kiddo upon waking up and we had fun. We ran some errands - one of which involved being somewhere close to ducks. Yes, ducks. We saw them and Elliott immediately started telling me the colors ("white and orange mama") but unfortunately, they sniffed us out, assumed we had food and got too close. Very close. We did what any normal two year old wants to do when the animals get to close - we ran away!

We went to a store where he could play music and "ho" (translation: show) me everything.

We got a snack ("ooohhh french fries").

We went to cub scouts where he got to play and as we were leaving, got hugs from both of my co-leaders kids. He wasn't quite sure what to make of the hugs, but seemed very appreciative and had fun. Who knew other people had balls in their homes? Crazy.

After dinner my boys went to run some errands then it was home and time for bed. The Monkey DID NOT want to go to bed. At 9:45, well past his bedtime I took him to his room. Got my "I yuv you mama" and put him in bed, unsuccessfully.

As the crying escalated to screaming, I rescued him and oh my goodness! My sweet boy....my two year old....once we wiped the boogers away, he let me ROCK HIM TO SLEEP, just like when he was a baby. It was the best 10 minutes of my day. Reminded me of when he was itty bitty and didn't have opinions or kick me or get mad at me - just be sweet.

The rocking of course - didn't work and we moved on to plan B and then plan C before the kid finally conked out for the night.

but oh - those 10 minutes?

Heavenly.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

i like those 10 minutes.....they are one of the only things i can cling to....

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails