Tuesday, February 24, 2009

warning: bath tubs are slippery when wet


he slipped in the tub, originally uploaded by bookemdano1978.

Some history. When Ross was 18 months old he somehow broke his collar bone. Throughout his life he has broken several bones sometimes requiring surgery.

Though accident prone by nature (the term, "Hey Grace, how's charm school" rings a bell) nothing serious has ever happened to me. I did once break my finger once playing basketball.

I come from a family of realitive (knock on wood) safety and no emergency room visits - my husband? Not so much. That being said, my boy is a combination of his parents - and definitely party klutz.

This morning for example. The water was drained from the tub and it was time to get out. The boy didn't want to get out - he wanted to jump and dance instead. He did and immediately slipped and bonked his head.

I scooped him up to see the welt immediately form on his head and turn purple, just like in a Tom and Jerry cartoon. He screamed so hard and for so long I was certain he was going to die. Or at least pass out and/or throw up on me. Once he calmed down, I think the crying was more out of embarrassment - getting hurt bare naked isn't fun for anyone, especially a sensitive little two year old.

He eventually recovered after what felt like hours of rocking, took two tylenol, and then proceeded to participate in his new favorite past time. Passing the ball.

Before his nap however, he crashed into my bedside table, the wall, and almost fell down a couple of stairs playing catch. It just wasn't his morning.

For once in his life, at nap time, he willingly went to the safety of his crib, and his books, and his blanket and immediately fell fast asleep.

And I keep checking on him to make sure his head hasn't exploded yet.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

oh poor thing.....that's the worst gene to pass on!

Bing Math said...

Ouch! I'm just glad it wasn't my fault. I think I've been responsible for 2 of those goose-eggs before.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails