Friday, January 18, 2008

Baby Friday: I'm asking nicely


I'm asking nicely, originally uploaded by bookemdano1978.

This kid turns 1on Wednesday. I can hardly believe that I will have a one year old. In the last week the monkey has turned into a beggar and a hoarder. He begs for everything with hand outstretched and he hoards his toys, his food...you name it, it's his.

Yesterday we had cub scouts and as soon as I released him from his high chair, Elliott crawled around the house like a blood hound, tracking all his toys and sniffing out what had been touched and moved and what had been left in it's place. It was rather amusing.

This morning, Ross and I were witness to a minor miracle, too. We have been working with Elliott to say, "uh-oh" for months and he gets the "uh", but struggles with the "oh" giving us all sorts of combinations of the latter as he is chucking his sippy cup across the kitchen floor. Well, this morning as all three of us were in the bathroom - me brushing my teeth, Ross combing his hair and Elliott standing on a little step stool throwing things into the sink, we got the most complete "uh-oh" we've ever heard.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good boy! You finally got the "oh" instead of "uh-uh-uh." I can't wait to hear it! - aUNTIE hALEY

LeeAnn said...

Too cute. Have fun with him.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails