Tuesday, January 01, 2008

Welcome 2008



I've never been one to make New Year's resolutions or think too far into the future, though I do a great job of worrying about the present. As I finally got a minute on the computer this afternoon, I've had a chance to look over other people's blogs and experience their "year in review". 2007 was a great year for our little family but I'm ready to move on to bigger and better 2008. I don't know what's in store for us, but I'm sure it will be interesting.

We've survived our first year of parenthood (22 days and counting), our 4th year of marriage, changes in employment, and a slew of other responsibilities, aches and pains, arguments, and happy times. Ross and I each fell down the stairs in 2007 and got a cavity filled. We changed our sheets three times last week because the little baby that lives in our house kept puking on them. We finish each other's sentences most of the time, blurt out the same stupid remarks at the same time more than we should, and when the timing is right, manage to hit each other on the rear end, in passing, at the same time, too.

I didn't read as many books, or went on as many walks, or saw as many movies, or slept as many hours, or finished as many projects as I would have liked, but it's okay. There is always time for that another day. I had a great year spending time with my family, being a mom, taking pictures, and living every single day hopefully, as good as I could.

2008 brings with it Elliott's 1st birthday and my 30th. It brings our 5th wedding anniversary and 6 years of Ross and me arguing with each other about everything. It brings yard projects and house projects and maybe, just maybe, will get us to use the tile in the garage for the bathroom project we'd planned to finish months ago. 2008 hopefully brings fewer pounds, healthier lifestyles, and less TV watching and ipod listening. It brings new adventures, people, places and ideas.

Ross found his old digital camera last night and luckily, the crazy memory cards fit into one of the slots on our computer. As I downloaded the images, most of which were from 2002, I came across this picture of Ross and me.

It was taken in September of 2002 - before we were engaged, before we ever could have imaged the life we have today. I supposed it's a picture meant for an "anniversary post", but I thought it was pretty timely. Ross had made me go on a little hike with him and grossly underestimated the time and effort the hike would take. At the end, we arrived at a dried up lake sweaty and grumpy. He wanted to take our picture and as usual, I wasn't too cooperative but I obliged. Today, that day seems like a lifetime ago, but the years in between have been pretty good.

family portrait

Our family picture looks a little different now than it did then, but the little life we are making for ourselves gets better every day. I am excited for a new year and all it will bring.

Too bad I'm "too old" to last until midnight. At least when I went to bed last night it was midnight in New York.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

that is one hilarious picture!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails