Thursday, January 10, 2008

the twitchy eye

There comes a time in everyday life when one hits the wall, or rather, the wall hits them. Like, this one time I walked into a plate glass door when I was teaching and smeared my greasy forehead across the entire top section while a hundred students watched me. Or the time when I said something stupid, or the time I went on a blind date with the creepy guy who wore driving gloves, had a mullet, and tried to woo me with crappy Josh Groban.

Okay, that has nothing to do with what I'm talking about but the wall has hit me. The new year has gotten of to a bumpy start. How do I know? Because my eye is twitching. You see, back when I was doing the whole high school teacher thing and I was always tired, stressed out, grumpy, stretched to thin, my left eye would twitch. It didn't happen very often but that's when I knew I needed to step back and regroup, refocus, refresh. My eye has now been twitching for 3 days...it hasn't twitched for almost three years!

Work is killing me I say, killing me. If I get one more e-mail from one more "special" teacher I might scream at them. I don't understand why it's always my fault. It will be better next week but right now, it's bad.

I've had a church commitment every night this week...if that isn't enough to make your eye twitch, I don't know what is. The cub scouts have had me 2 nights this week and I think they can do without me tonight. I'll do the watermelon cheer on my own so they know I'm thinking about them.

My blog is sucking! The new template is crap and I can't find anything that I like and all I want is my banner to go across the full screen, or at least be centered. Why won't it center!?(*#&(#@ Jared, can you help me get it centered? My fung shui (fung shway) is going to be off until I get it centered.

Elliott no longer thinks he has to sleep. He woke up Wednesday morning at 1 am and no one in this house has slept much since. I don't understand this whole, "I'm almost 1 year old and don't need no stinkin' sleep" phase that he's in, but it's definitely getting on mine and Ross' nerves. If that kid wasn't so darn cute, I might have to kick him to the curb.

Now that I've written some things down, it doesn't sound that bad, does it? Okay, I'll stop whining.

I did discover these today:
These delectable mini cupcakes are divine. I got 6 and ate one of the cherry chocolate ones. Absolutely fabulous. I've been waiting for the little shot to open for a few weeks and it finally did. Elliott and I couldn't resist the delightful temptation. You should really go and get some for yourself. They are small, so eating one isn't as guilty of a pleasure as if you ate a giant muffin from COSTCO or the equivalent.

Also, if you are interested, I love nutella. It is one of my most favorite things to eat as of late and it makes me happy. I think that it's chocolate hazelnut concoction might even calm my nerves. Today, when my blood sugar began plummeting into the low 70's some nutella on toast with a side of milk did the trick and hit the spot.

If only all things in life were as simple as cupcakes and chocolate.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Where are the cupcakes from? - Haley

Lisa said...

I feel you completely! 2008 has been a rough one for me too with work and all the other 3000 commitments I make. When you figure out how to say "no" please let me know!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails