Sunday, July 05, 2009

Whirlwind, as usual

The 4th of July has never been my favorite. Too many people to see and places to go. Since being married, Ross and I have managed to be out of town or sick for the 4th the last 6 years but this year we were around, and made the best of it.

We did though, schedule ourselves to work at Shavy Jones Locker in the evening to avoid as many festivities, and fireworks as possible.

As part of our day yesterday, we went to my aunts house. In the last three months we've added three new babies, 3 great grandchildren to the family.

thee months, three babies

These boys are almost exactly one month apart each (r-l; Cody on April 4, Wyatt on May 12 and Max on June 9). Elliott was part of a threesome of boy cousins two and a half years ago so it's a bit funny that Wyatt is, too.

These boys are so cute and cuddly and seeing my grandma with all three of them, is a wonderful, wonderful thing.

Today, we blessed the Squirt in church. Ross gave him a great blessing and the meeting was as interesting as it could be - letting anyone use the microphone always proves to be a bit dangerous. Not all of our family was in attendance because of the busy weekend, but we were so happy to have so many people come out in support of our little family at church and at our lunch at the park after.

I love my family so much - immediate, extended, and in-lawed. It amazes me every time how easily we all come together and jump to the aide of each other. Everyone brought so much food and I will forever be indebted to the kindness and love and generosity of my aunts, uncles, cousins, and grand parents.

So - rather that be patriotic this season, with love of country - I'm thinking a bit more internally, with love of family. Ross and I were dependent on so many people for help the last few months before Wyatt was born and the first few weeks after. There is no way we could ever repay all the love and kindness. And, I just can't beat an afternoon at the park, with food and all the people I would rather spend my time with than any others in the world.

Thanks to everyone.

my family



1 comment:

fivewoods said...

What a great weekend! Great-grandma is actually smiling getting her picture taken...the cute babies must do the trick.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails