Friday, July 10, 2009

My boys Friday: The talent show continues

As if you could ever get enough of my boys, right?

Right.

We, the parents, have recently taken to calling them "thing one" and "thing two". I need someone to make me a t-shirt or bumper sticker that reads:

If it isn't thing one, it's his brother




With "Thing One" I had the brilliant idea to try toilet training this week. Big mistake. I learned that even though a 2.5 year old says 50 times a day, "I'll go pee pee in the toilet and it will be so exciting" he doesn't mean it and when he ends up peeing on the rocking chair in the baby's room he really didn't mean it.

Anyone know how to get a kid to sit on a toilet? That apparently is the first step to toilet training that we seem to have overlooked.





"Thing Two" is still cute as ever and not concerned about toilet training. Thank goodness. Last night Thing One was at my parents - we went to the zoo then swimming and then they kept him (thank you). Ross and I ate dinner together with Thing Two and the conversation went something like this.

The scene: Ross eating. Annie holding Squirt and eating. Squirt, watching and participating in the conversation to the best of his ability.

Ross: Did we ever do this when Elliott was this age?

Annie: You mean sit down together and eat dinner? No, we didn't.

Ross: What did we do?

Annie: I fixed dinner while you took the screaming child upstairs with you. Then after I fixed dinner I ate it by myself while you sat with screaming child on the couch. After I ate, I took the screamer and you ate at the kitchen table by yourself - then you cleaned up. Usually I could get him to sleep for a few minutes break from screaming.

Ross: Oh yeah, that sucked.

Annie and Ross: Thank you baby!

Squirt: ofe4tulsn oewigufwpi (that means you're welcome)

Besides participating in adult conversation, pukes a lot. Baby puke is way over-rated. I'm pretty much over it. I wish the kid was, too. He pretty much pukes all the time, though the frequency and amount has decreased in the last week (knock on wood).

Here is some video proof of what we deal with in the talk and puke department. If nothing else, it makes life interesting. It's like a game - when and where will the puke happen next?


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails