Tuesday, July 07, 2009

The Squirt:: 8 weeks

compare

Even though the Squirt is officially two months old at the end of the week, he hit his 8 week mark today.

The last four weeks with this kid have been as good as the first four. He's happy, content, hungry, pukey, and happy.

He smiles and talks and coo's at me all the day long. He is patient and sweet with his parents and brother.

He is cuddly and sweet and generous with the lovin' both in giving and receiving.

This little guy fully recognizes my voice and my face now and nothing makes me happier than seeing his eyes light up when I come into focus. The other day, my mom was changing his diaper and when I entered the room talking, he turned to find me and when he did - I was shocked at his reaction. Bright eyes, kicking legs, flailing hands and as much talking as his little mouth could spit out. Oh, it just melts my heart every single time.

The last few weeks have been crazy and hectic and out of control. That saying, when it rains it pours? It was said for our little family. With all that's been going on, this little guy has handled it like a champ. Every day, every time I look at him I feel so lucky that I get to be his mama. We've had a few incidences in the last couple of weeks with projectile puking and stomach bugs - and very very dry and sensitive skin, but otherwise, all is well.

He is the calm in a storm of crazy.

Two weeks ago, he weighed in at 13.3 lbs. I'm sure that at his 2 month appointment next week, we'll be close to the 15 lb mark.

IMGP4495-1

Oh so in love with this boy!

2 comments:

Spencer & Emily said...

little boys are cute...scary that soon i will get to be the mom of one. cute pictures and he looks like on terrific baby!!!!P>S> annie, pass this note along to mckayla as well. i will be coming to utah sometime in september. i have a few other girls who have been wanting me to do their hair. cut. color. both. i decided to make a little trip out of it as well and spend a little time with my sis. so she can see this belly growing at it's crazy rapid speed. i will hopefully be doing the hair in the day break neighborhood. i will be bringing all my supplies with me and pricing is very reasonable. half head highlights $50. with low light $55. all over color $50. full highlight $60. cut is included with any color service. just a cut. $15.

Jared and Kendra said...

Hey - congratulations. We are WAY out of touch having been bogged down in our current 2nd twin pregnancy, but I'm very excited for you guys - two boys - that will make for a lot of roughhousing!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails