Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Music that makes you dumb

My favorite band, Guster, tweeted this weeks ago.

What kind of music do you listen to?

I've always "prided" myself on listen to music that doesn't appeal to the masses - masses largely meaning high school kids, college kids, and really old people who only listen to church music.

Some of my favorite bands and musicians?
Guster, of course
Iron and Wine
Belle and Sebastian
Jude
Death Cab for Cutie
Nickel Creek
Sting

Of course, nothing out of the ordinary, but that's what I like. Anyway, I stumbled across this website recently and it was very amusing.

musicthatmakesyoudumb

Here's the premise - SAT scores of college freshman directly correlate to the type of music they listen to. The lower the SAT score, the "less intelligent" the type of music.

Now, I didn't take the SAT (I took the ACT) and I am a poor test taker, but my musical tastes fall to the high test score side of the spectrum.

It makes me happy to know that listening to Guster is an intelligent choice, in more ways than one.

1 comment:

Katy said...

Annie-Since you are an Iron & Wine fan like myself, I feel it my duty to inform (if you don't already know) that they will be having a free concert at the Gallivan Center on August 20th. I will be back in SLC that week and I plan to go if you can come.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails