Friday, February 05, 2010

My Boys Friday: For the love of laundry

In the last few days, it seems that I've heard lots of sad kid and baby stories. It's made me feel very lucky to have my two crazy boys.

Two pregnancies, two healthy babies.

Very lucky indeed.

I love my boys so much and being with them as they grow up is great. Challenging? Yes. Overwhelming? Definitely. Worth it? Absolutely.

One of the things that I love about the Monkey and the Chicker is how much alike they are. They are so different, but so similar in many ways. One of those ways is their love of the washer and dryer.

When the Monkey was little, from about 7-11 months old, we would spend hours watching the machines do their work. Spinning, spinning, spinning. It was some sort of crazy, soothing exercise for him to watch the spin cycle.



And the Chicker? He loves it too. He doesn't have the concentration, but it is still a daily ritual for him. Hug and kiss the dryer and sit on my lap and watch the clothes spin.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails