Wednesday, February 03, 2010

On Demand

crack kills!

I thank my lucky stars daily for cable television - children's programming and On Demand programming. I don't know how my parents survived without being able to plop us in front of the tv for 20 minutes to watch something we wanted to watch.

It's a little bit of heaven each day....being able to find Ni-Hao Kilan when the demand is there.

I was listening to a conversation between two women last night about "Lost".

I've never seen that show. Don't really even know what it is about.

In fact, I've never seen lots of shows and I really don't care too much. I'd rather read than watch tv.

That being said - I have discovered On Demand! for myself. Did you know that there are grown-up shows out there waiting for you, too? It seems that lately, every afternoon, I spend at least an hour of my day sitting in a rocking chair with a sleeping baby. I cannot hold a baby and read and playing on my phone with no hands is a big difficult. I suppose I could sleep, but then when I wake up with a huge crick in my neck I'll regret it.

About two weeks ago - in the "sitting hour" I decided to check out the tv shows that are waiting for me, commerical free.

I've found "Hoarders". It's absolutely amazing to me that people can live in that much junk. It's actually made me look at my house in a completely different way. I want to get rid of everything....starting with kids toys. I've already thinned out the clothes and cleaned the junk of my dresser - the biggest clutter spot in the house. That tv show is rather cathartic - it's causing me to cleanse. That's good.

The other show I've been watching - which I'm not to proud of, is ,"I didn't know I was pregnant!". That show is insane. Having had two children who were extremely big and activy in utero I find it unfathomable that women do not know they are expecting and end up having babies on the floor of restrooms at amusement parks.

Oh, the insainity.

Not sure what these two shows say about me. It is time however to find a new show. I've watched all the episodes of both and am just waiting for more to be but on demand.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails