Thursday, February 11, 2010

Catching up

A lot to catch up on...for the sake of posterity I guess.

IMGP7221

Yesterday, we made valentines day cookies for preschool. I love preschool and how exciting it is for 3 year olds! It's Awesome.

IMGP7090

On Super Bowl Sunday we had a party. A small family gathering with magnificent food, most of which was prepared by our dad. He did a great job.

The menu:
Cross rib roast (This baby cooked for 24 hours and just melted in your mouth) with horseradish or salsa verde (with capers, and shallots, and parsley, oh my!)

Twice baked potato dish

Yummy rolls

Veggies and dill dip and chips and cilantro-lime dip

Caesar Salad with Market Street dressing

and cupcakes from SO CUPCAKE for dessert.

IMGP7087

For the event, because I sometimes pull the vanity card out of my stack, we bought a new sofa and coffee table. I was so embarassed by the state of my current seating (too much slobber and baby puke and dust) that I used my emergency fund (It was am emergency, believe me) and went crazy. The new furniture looks good though.

IMGP7217

We've had such beautiful weather the last few days. I've been out and about this week shooting pictures for work and the mountains are just breathtaking. It makes me really love living in Utah. Oh how I love seasons. And blue sky with no inversion.

IMGP7161

The other day, I sliced my finger while cooking dinner. I cut into my finger nail on my thumb. It still hurts.

On Tuesday night, I saw a recently hit dead dog in the road with blood splattered everywhere. That was sad. What was more sad was that the dog had a friend (another dog) trying to help him. I hope that the second dog didn't get hit.

Right now, I'm sitting in my red chair in my bedroom watching the snow start to fall slowly outside. It's real nice.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails