Tuesday, June 08, 2010

Musicals - Day Two: Sincere

Oh, Conrad Birdie!

Who knows the first time I saw the movie "Bye Bye Birdie" but it was magical. When I was in Jr. High the high school did the stage version and the guy who played Conrad Birdie was a ringer. There weren't any guys dreamy and talented enough to play the part so they brought in an older guy who could do it. It was awesome.

If given enough time, I probably could recite this entire musical to you - or at least sing you all the songs. In order.

I'm hip like that.

My favorite song from the musical is, "Honestly Sincere".


The opening and closing credits always embarrassed me a bit. Ann Margaret's boobies were a bit too pointy and because my mom is my mom, she somehow managed (at least in my mind) to embarrass me about the part where she squishes and growls the words.



See what I mean? A bit embarrassing. Even so, it didn't stop me from singing the title song to myself in the bathroom mirror when I was twelve.

No, I don't do it anymore.

1 comment:

Bing Math said...

I bet you still do.

Is Day 3 about "the King and I?"

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails