Monday, October 22, 2012

Do the Haka....


IMG 8111 from Annie Howden on Vimeo.


One of the best parts of the end of every game where the wolverines are victorious (at home) is the Haka.  The boys shake the hands of the opposing team, gather at the center of the field and lay their helmets down in a long line.  Then the boys form loose lines themselves as they gather up, get riled up, and prepare to do their Polynesian war dance.

I've missed the Haka most of the season because I either wasn't at the right game or the boys and I left early because of the cold.  But, on senior night I wouldn't have missed it.  I especially wouldn't have missed watching my brother stick his tongue out all scary like while making his eyes wide and crazy.  I didn't know that the cuddly "meow meow daniel tiger" was capable of such warrior-ness.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails