Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Jubilee Tour

Last week, November 8th was my dad's birthday.  My husband reminded me that evening as I drifted off to sleep that November 8th is also the anniversary of us getting engaged.  We were engaged to be married 10 years ago.  He told me that he remembers what I was wearing that day.  I don't.  I remember getting engaged, and that I took the rest of the day off of school, and that evening, after letting my mom take our picture, we went off to look for a place to live.

Anyway, 10 years.

That feels like such a long time.

How do you celebrate 10 years?

Knowing us, when April 19 rolls around, we won't be doing much, that's for sure.  It's not easy to ditch three kiddos, one of them very little, to do anything.  We haven't done a single thing together sans kids since the week before Quinn was born.  We don't even really know how to talk to each other these days because I'm moody, and my sister wife always seems to be in the way.  Oh, and we have three kids demanding constant attention.  That might have something to do with the lack of communication, too.

Anyway, the Queen of England just celebrated her diamond jubilee - 60 years on the throne.  There is a  golden jubilee for 50 years and a silver jubilee for 25 years.  There is not unfortunately, a jubilee for 10 years and since 1) I'm not royalty and 2) no one is celebrating my years of marriage it doesnt' really matter but I think it should I'm going to come up with my own jubilee tour.  I think that since the 10th anniversary is Tin that I'm going to celebrate the....

wait for it.....

Tin Jubilee.

Awesome, yes?


wedding hair (2003)

So let the celebration planning begin.

1 comment:

Bing Math said...

Who is your sister wife? Ross' phone?

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails