Sunday, April 05, 2015

Student Leader of the Week



On Thursday morning, we got up extra early.  The boys and I had to be at the elementary school at 8:15 in the morning for the weekly awards ceremony.  At the boys school, each week, the principal gives out awards to students selected by their teachers, for each grade.  There were 4 second grade students who had been selected, along with a dozen or more kids for each of the grades.  The principal reads a statement for each student, written by the teacher, telling what that student did during the week.  Then, there is a photo opportunity, some applause, and they move on to the next student.

This was Elliott's THIRD time being student leader of the week.  I'm curious to see if the kid gets it for every grade through elementary school.  He was excited and I was pretty proud of him.  It was an early morning, and I only managed to get Quinn half dressed.  He was wearing his gorilla shirt, jammie bottoms, and I carried his socks in my hand the entire time.


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails