Monday, December 21, 2015

Twas the week of Christmas...

Only a few more days.  They, the big guy comes, the presents get opened, the mess gets cleaned up (eventually) and we have a chance to catch our breath and spend some time with each other at a less frantic pace.

We had a good weekend.

The Runnin' Utes beat Duke.  I don't know that there was ever a greater Christmas miracle.  I watched the overtime by myself, home alone, and I cheered and yelled and fist pumped.  It was glorious to see those dookies lose.  My sister said on her blog that it made up for all those losses to Kentucky.  I disagree that it was that wonderful of a victory, but it did help to start to heal old wounds.

Watching basketball, before we go and play basketball.  This is a reason I like boys.  #goutes #beatduke #ihatechristianlaetner #butithinkheshandsome

They tried to lose but, man alive, that felt good. It's a Christmas miracle.  #goutes

On Saturday night, we had our second family Christmas party.  My mom wasn't in charge, but she contributed a lot, and asked me to put together a photo booth.  I obliged and I think almost everyone at the party participated.  Even Grandpa got into the act.  We got some fun, casual, no pressure family pictures out of it, so that's always good, too.

Family party #huberbooth

All my kiddos,  except sleepy quinn. #huberbooth

Even grandpa is getting into the act.

Always happy for pictures.  #huberbooth

Love these guys! #huberbooth

Because my parents kitchen remodel has taken longer than expected, we ended up going out for Sunday dinner last night, and as Elliott put it, it was fancy.  We went to the coffee shop at Little America.  My boys were so well behaved.  I love it when they are so good, and even say thank you to our server without being reminded.  After dinner, we found a Santa with a real beard, and walked across the street to see the holiday windows at the Grand America.  It was quite a fun night.

Mom: boys, thank you for being so good tonight!  Elliott: I know why we were good.  Because it was fancy.

And now?  The week of Christmas.  There are presents to be wrapped, candies to be made, neighbor gifts to deliver.  There are meals out on the town, Jazz and Utah basketball games to be attended, cookies to be frosted and Christmas Eve traditions to uphold.  It's going to be a very busy and eventful week.  As stressed out as I often let myself get, I'm excited for what the week has in store for us.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails