Wednesday, January 25, 2006

When was the last time you had your arteries checked?

Yesterday was my MRA to see if I have problems with all my arteries (particularly my renal arteries) and boy oh boy, did I have fun. First, the hospital was very punctual, especially considering that my appointment was on Monday, they canceled it and rescheduled me for yesterday without telling me. I hardly had to wait for anything the second time around and I did not have to strip down to my birthday suit, which I was super nervous about.
Upon entering the MRA room and laying down on a very narrow table, it was time to put in my iv, and knowing that nothing ever goes smoothly for me, at least the first time, I knew I was in for a ride. Lucky for me, my veins like to hide so I got to get poked, prodded, and had little plastic shunts wiggled around in my arms by two nurses, until they could find a vein that would work.
Once I was sufficiently strapped down, weighted down, and infused with dye, I entered the machine for a nearly 50 minute magnetic experience. Minus the fact that I was a little bit clausty, it was super loud (even w/ ear plugs), and at one point, my entire body started vibrating w/ magnetic waves and felt like everything tasted like foil, it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. That is a good thing.
Afterwards, getting dressed, all my clothes, esp. my sweater were static happy and my mouth still tasted like tin foil, but it was cool I guess. It's not every day you get to feel like a magnet.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails