Friday, January 20, 2006

Ramblings of a Hypochondriac

I must admit, though my entire family will laugh at me, that I am a little bit paranoid about life in general....you might call that a worry wart, but I'll call it being a nervous mervis. The last two weeks have been interesting for me, and have made me start to think that there is something seriously wrong. Whether the seriously wrong is mental, physical, emotional, or somehow subconscious, I'm not quite sure. Lets say it's D; all of the above.

Last week I had a Dr. appt to check up on my blood pressure. Well, surprise, it's high! 136/100 is a little too high for someone my age say all the doctors. So, after being told that it is too high I was also told that I possibly have a heart murmur. Exciting stuff going on. A 15 minute appointment turned into an hour and in that hour I went from feeling fine and dandy to having severely high blood pressure, a heart murmur, an appointment with a cardiologist for an EKG, and more blood drawn from my right arm than I care to remember.
After exactly one week of being paranoid that my heart doesn't work properly and phantom chest pains (I told you I'm a bit neurotic), I had my first ever EKG. Well, my heart is fine...no murmur but my BP is high, 144/100 and the cardiologist thinks that it is being caused by my renal arteries....yes, that's my kidneys folks. I left the cardiologist with an appointment for out patient radiology to have a renal artery ultrasound because maybe, just maybe, the arteries that feed my kidneys are blocked, pinched, or closing up. Can I tell you that I am just so excited.
Additionally, in case you are wondering, my fingers and knees hurt because I think I have arthritis, my back hurts, and the right side of my top lip is tingling.
Have a great weekend. I'll try hard to stop being neurotic.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails