Saturday, April 01, 2006

I heart Guster



The cell phone camera may take crappy pictures, but at least I had it with me. Friday night, Ross and I, along with Peter, Haley, and Haley's boyfriend ventured down to the UC, to the SC to see our favorite band (at least where Haley Peter and myself are concerned) Guster, perform LIVE!!! Traffic to get to Orem was horrendous, largely due to the "conference of bust" and mission reuniters clogging up the freeways, but we eventually got to happy valley. In the time it took Haley's car load to get to the venue via the freeway, Ross and I took frontage road and had enough time to sit down and eat before arriving at the concert. We missed the opening band, as we had hoped, and arrived just in time for the Guster's to come on stage.

Realizing that I am totally a wimp rocker, and that Guster sort of makes me loose control of my inhibitions...and because Peter is such a good dancer, I had a wicked awesome time. The crowd was prime material for us to make fun of...ranging from middle aged, "I thought this was a journey concert" rockers to "who's guster" rockers to boys screaming "I love you adam" and falling on their but because their are overweight dancer rockers.

Guster played a great set mixing a good deal of old stuff (they even played the bongo intro to bury me) and a few of their new tunes off the upcoming album. They did not however play fa fa which is the only Guster song Ross likes...but I think that Ross was okay throwing gum and pennies at the morons in the crowd to fee too sad about it. Ross thinks we should start a website called "mormonsloveguster.com" because they are so popular in this great state.

I had sooooo much fun and was totally high after the show, quite impressed with the fact that I can kick and touch my toes w/o bending my legs. Quite the skill. Anywhooo, the show was fun...not as good as seeing them at bricks, but still a lot of fun. Guster is definately my president....I sort of forgot, because I haven't seen them for a while, but they definately lived up to the wuss rock I was waiting for.

If you are interested in more on the band that is my president, click here or here.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails