Thursday, October 08, 2009

Department of Redundancy, Department

IMGP5646


On Monday, I tried to sync my beloved babysitter and friend, the iphone, to my computer.

I got error messages.

My phone got erased and sent back to the land of factory settings.

After several more attempts, I got my contacts, calendar and pictures back but that was it.

Panic?

Yeah, but not as much as would be expected by such a loss. I told my husband that my medication must be working, because the un-drugged Annie would have totally freaked out - and probably thrown something and broken it. Yeah for meds!

We (I mean Ross) finally got around to calling AT&T and subsequently Apple last night to try and figure out the fatal error message I was getting.

No help.

Why?

AT&T cannot help, because it wasn't a service issue and Apple wouldn't help because we didn't pay for the super duper extra help when we bought the phone.

Stupid.

We joked between the two of us, Ross and I, that maybe my phone had a virus. Ha, ha!

The Apple guy did give a small piece of advice - that some how I had changed all my folders around on my computer and my phone couldn't find the path.

I didn't buy that! Not good advice at all.

So, I took to the internets and started googling.

Found message boards discussing the same kind of problem and it gave me an idea.

On Monday, when I plugged my phone in, I'd used a third party USB, from my charger, to do so.

Last night, I plugged it in again using an Apple USB.

It synced.

Just fine.

No problemo.

How stupid is that!!!!!!!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails