Sunday, October 18, 2009

Happy Birthday, Grandmama!

fun at snowbird

Today is my mom's birthday.

I invited the whole famdamily over for dinner.

I spent the entire afternoon cooking. We used the china and the fancy glasses. And table cloths with fancy festive napkins. Not until the table was cleared did I remember that I forgot that I wanted to take pictures. Trust me though, it was beautiful.

The dinner menu was splendid:
Balsamic glazed chicken
Roasted garlic mashed potatoes
Salad with crasins, green onions, and carmelized shallots and a homemade balsamic-rosemarry vinagrette
Corn
Homemade rolls from Haley and James

and for dessert
Spice cake with homemade caramel frosting

Oh, it was a yummy meal. And worth all the time it took to prepare it. Anything for my mom.

It's funny how I've always appreciated and loved my mom but not until I had kidlets of my own, did I truly get it. I finally know not only what it means to be a mom, but what a good mom I've got, and what a great mom she's always been for me and my sitster and my brother....and my cousins, and the kids she's been a school counselor and advocate for, and the neighborhood kids, and anyone else who might need her help.

She takes care of everyone.

Most importantly though -

She still takes care of me and my boys. I love my mom now, because she loves being a grandma to my crazy babies.

And that means more than words.

Happy Birthday Momacita!

1 comment:

.::still blinking::. said...

See. You always make good food. I have shallots from my garden if you want some.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails