Friday, April 09, 2010

Couldn't take the heat, so I got out of the kitchen

IMGP7526

I guess this was a long time coming.

Today, the blog is private.

Why?

Because of a blog stalker.  One single person.  Someone who has been copying my writing style, my content and my kids for most of the last year.  Someone who has occasionally written mean and untrue things about me on the internets.

I couldn't take it any more and decided that today was the day.  Enough was enough.  I'm not tough enough to turn the other cheek anymore.

Don't engage the stalker, don't engage the stalker, don't engage the stalker.    That's what my mom and sister have been saying to me for months.  Well, I'm not engaging.  The stalker now needs to come up with original content for its own blog and stop taking my ideas.

It's sad that in order to protect my family and my life, and my sanity for that matter, that I have to privatize something that has been so much fun for me for so long.  I've loved having readers from all over the country - people I don't know who seem to like what I have to say and how I've said it.

That's the end of that, I guess.

I've now got the rank of private.

Family and Friends only.

The end of five years.

If I decide to keep blogging.

That's the next question to tackle.

4 comments:

Melanie said...

I had a coworker steal 4 or 5 posts or at least titles and things I'd say for her own blog. I wouldn't call it stalking, it was more interesting that someone would do that -especailly when she KNEW I was reading her blog. Weird.

Bing Math said...

Sorry about the weird blog stalkers.

Please keep blogging. If for no one else, do it for me, your favorite sister who sees your kids once a week or so, but that just isn't enough!

Tara said...

Thanks for the invite to your blog. I do enjoy reading and always wish that I did a better job blogging! Keep writing!

Sir William said...

And, me, your Mom -- You are such a natural and talented writer!
Mom

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails