Monday, April 12, 2010

The Squirt: 11 month

IMG_0825

The car seat has been turned around.

Over the weekend you started to think about walking. A few steps at Down East Outfitters, at church, at home and at Gramdama's house. You only seem to be able to do it when you don't think anyone is watching you, you don't think about it, and you've got something in your hand. It's pretty cute though, in a Frankenstein sort of way.

You like to swiffer. You like to yell at the vacuum.

You like to climb on your brother.

You like to stare head first down the stairs and dare me to catch you on time.

You love to scream all day long, clench your fists, grit your teeth and just wail to your hearts content...then you laugh because apparently it's a joke.

You love to wander and explore and talk to yourself.

You love to pull stuff out of the garbage can in the kitchen and swing it around your head.

You sing during hymns at church, dance to songs on the radio, and squeal when your brother starts to dance.

You DESTROY! everything in your path. You figured out somehow last week to open a bottle of NyQuil. You can take those plastic IKEA clips off of everything, including powdered sugar. You have broken the face off of a cabinet in the kitchen and are working on a second. You eat books like they are going out of style.

You can open the barrel of monkeys, dump the monkeys out, put them all back in and then put the lid back on. That feat is very impressive by the way.

I'm the only one that beleives me but you are starting to try and say words with ball and bath being the favorites.

You no longer want to drink bottles, but you don't want to eat anything either.  Apple juice seems to be the only thing that makes it into your mouth.  I guess the starvation look is in for babies?

But you have decided that snuggling up for naps and nighttime is cool - if I sing every Beatles song I know. 

I cannot believe that in one month you will be one year old.  Time tends to go by quickly anyway (holy cow it's April!) but with you kiddo, time flies by more quickly than I thought it could.  I remember the day you were born and brought to my room in the hospital, nicely wrapped up until I got a hold of you.....and now you would be wrapped up for anything in the world and feel it is your duty in life to take off your socks in a split second every time we get in the car.

As always,

I love you my little Chickadee

The boy in his cage.

1 comment:

japetersen said...

I love him!
Mom

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails