Thursday, July 22, 2010

My boy and me

You wouldn't know it from the pictures, but this beautiful, handsome, wonderful, smart and funny little boy and I don't get along too well lately.  We may be too much a like - both first borns and stubborn and strong-willed, for our own good.

We battle it out daily.

I'm exhausted.  It's hard work learning from a three year old and trying to teach him to be a good boy all the time (he hasn't stomped off and slammed a door for two weeks or spit at me either so that's some progress).

Even though we've had some rough patches, the joy we find in each other hopefully outweighs the fact that my patience is limited and he is, generally, bored with me. A little over a week ago we got a deal on a new computer that we couldn't pass up. We've been looking for a "kick around" machine that isn't a work computer and isn't in the basement. We found one and *gulp* bought a MAC. No one in the house really knows how to use it but we're learning.

And, photo booth may just be the thing that saves my boy and me from using our super powers against each other.



No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails