Monday, July 12, 2010

Party Favors

My cousin is getting married in one month. On Saturday, my aunt threw a bridal shower for her soon to be daughter-in-law. I volunteered to help with a few things, one of which was the party favors.

The shower had a kitchen/grocery theme so I knew that the favor needed to be food oriented. When my original idea didn't quite pan out, while wandering around cost plus world market I found these great old fashioned sodas and was inspired to use them for the shower favor.

photo.jpg

Not being too crafty or creative, I didn't think until later about making a cute label to cover the soda label or anything like that. I did whip up a festive sticker to put over the yummy chocolates that I attached with a ribbon. That was about as creative as I got.

photo.jpg

The sodas however were a hit - and I seemed to manage to get a flavor to fit everyone's taste (black cherry, grape, orange, chocolate, cola, key lime, lemon lime and root beer).

It's always fun to do a project - especially one that involves a little bit of sugary goodness.

2 comments:

Erin @ Two More Seconds said...

Sooo cute! I'm glad you didn't do a label -- would have covered up the awesome labels the bottles already have! I'm remembering this idea!

Bing Math said...

I think the bottle labels were cool and I'm glad you didn't cover them up.

Plus, we saved the ribbons (and the one from mom's bottle) to add to Molly's bow collection. They were really cute ribbons.

And, the sodas were tasty.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails