Monday, March 07, 2011

It is finished

Right after Christmas I had the idea to do something great for my grandparents wedding anniversary.  I send out letters and e-mails to everyone in the family asking them to type up stories and memories of my Grandma and Grandpa, and life in our family and I was going to put all those stories with pictures in a book.

When my Grandma passed away in January I wasn't sure if the project should continue but I realized that my Grandma would have been pretty mad at me if I quit the book on her account.  So, it continued.  During the last 4 weeks I've been reading and editing stories written by members of my 54 person strong family.  I've poured over old photos, personal photos, and photo albums looking for the perfect pictures to put in the book.

My grandparents wedding anniversary is on March 19.  They would have been married 60 years this month.  The book will arrive by their anniversary date.  We are having a family party to commemorate the book and our family but thinking about the anniversary is just too sad.

Part of the book though, has been family group pictures.  My mom is one of 8 siblings and I either took photos of or got photos sent to me of all eight families.  Last night, it was our turn to try and take a family picture.  It was quite the set-up getting all 10 of us situated and organized, getting the camera set up in the right spot, getting the kiddos to cooperate, and making sure that my hand with the camera remote control wasn't visible in the final photo.

I love my family.  I love the out takes of our endeavor almost more than the final shot.  I'm so excited we are all going to Disneyland at the end of the month.  It is going to be so much fun.

IMGP0703

IMGP0707

IMGP0697

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails