Friday, March 04, 2011

not quite dead yet....

Last night I played basketball.

I was nervous about it all day.  Spent most of the day sick to my stomach.  I had Ross e-mail me a list of orthopedic doctors covered by our insurance just in case I torn something in my knee.

I played the entire first quarter.

Two minutes in the second quarter.

All but two minutes in the third quarter.

The entire fourth quarter.

I had 6 points and 10 rebounds so says the husband that was keeping stats.

It was the first basketball game I have played in....wait for it......EIGHT YEARS!

When I got to sit at the end of the first quarter I thought 1) I might have asthma and 2) I'm going to throw up.

I did not puke.

Today however, I cannot walk.  I limp like a 63 old lady with arthritic joints who needs a knee replacement.  My body aches, I still haven't caught my breath and I'm exhausted.

But, like all former "athletes" (term used loosely) I had fun.  I had enough fun that I'm playing again tonight at 8:00.

I'll be in the hospital tomorrow if you'd like to send flowers.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails