Saturday, August 24, 2013

The Color Run!

The race I signed myself and my brother up for in the early spring was The Color Run.  I knew it would be easy and low key, something fun to do, and a good introduction to the world of "running" for me.  Well, running didn't happen and once I knew it wasn't going to happen, I roped my sister into walking it with me, and our little sister Emily decided to join us as well, even though she wasn't sure if she was going to run or walk.

The race was today.  It was downtown.  It was an absolutely beautiful and cool summer morning.  There were close to 10,000 color "runners" of all shapes and sizes ready to have a great time and inhale some brightly colored cornstarch along the way.

Haley and I walked the 3.1 mile route, with a bathroom break, in a little over 40 minutes.  Willie ran it in 24 minutes and was one of the first handful of people who were finished.  Emily did it in a little over 30 minutes and then walked back on the route until she found us old lady slow pokes.

It was great fun.  It would be a really fun family tradition to start.  It was a great way to spend a beautiful Saturday morning.


#thecolorrun @willie_petersen44 @redemj #andhaley
Pre-Run

Finish line


The Finish Line

The end.   Being tall has its advantages...no color in my face
Post Race, Willie thought he was an eagle?

@willie_petersen44
My little brother and me...we even sort of look....similar?

We had so much fun #newfamilytradition #thecolorrun
Haley definitely got the brunt of the color - she was absolutely covered from head to toe like a rainbow threw up on her. Willie and I managed to escape a lot of the color madness during the run, probably because we were so much taller than all the volunteers spreading the color love.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails