Wednesday, September 24, 2014

Celebrating

I'm two weeks late, but on Saturday, September 13th, my Grandma Huber's birthday, we had a celebration.  It was her 84th birthday and as has become tradition, at the designated time, all those that were able, met at the cemetery to remember Grandma.

Once we were all gathered, my Grandpa said a few words, shed a few tears and then offered a family prayer.  His prayers are pretty insightful, he talks to God the same way he talks to the rest of us - very direct and upfront, with no messing around.  It made my heart happy to hear the words he had to say on behalf of all of us, and of my Grandma.  He talked about how he knows that she has made her presence known to many of us on the earth this past year and that she is trying to influence us all for the best while in heaven, just as she did when she was here.

It was good.

Then, of course, we went to eat.  And, of course, we went to Crown Burgers.  I think that my mom and I counted 46 of us, out of almost 60, gathered together at the cemetery and for dinner.  It was a good night.  The oldest, of course, being my Grandpa, presiding over us all, and the youngest was baby Beau, a mere two weeks old, a great grandson, who if he could have talked, I'm sure would have had some messages from my grandma to share with us because I'm also pretty sure that he had just recently been in the presence of her company.


IMGP4423

IMGP4417

IMGP4412

IMGP4402

IMGP4408

IMGP4400

IMGP4398



IMGP4389

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails