Friday, September 12, 2014

The third week and final two days of our second summer vacation

Honestly, I wasn't sure that we would survive being off track.  The boys were going a bit crazy, I was going a bit crazy and everyone needed to go to school!  After writing an angry letter about the inequality of the track structure (which I haven't sent yet) and trying to find my groove, we set out to wrap up our time off with a bang.

Monday was Labor Day and we went to the mountains for a drive up to Mirror Lake.

Tuesday was Quinn's birthday and we went to the Dinosaur Museum at Thanksgiving point and of all places got lunch (pizza and hot dogs) at the new Costco by our house.  We were pretty much the only people at the museum which was great and I guess that is one of the benefits of year round school.  I'll take it.  No competition is a pretty good thing.  Elliott had goalie clinic and Ross had mutual.  Looking back, I don't think we even ate dinner.


Wednesday was Wyatt's day to choose our activity and we headed to the waffle love storefront in Provo for lunch time waffles and then to the Bean Museum on the BYU campus for  some lessons in taxidermy.  We all headed out to my mom's house for dinner, Wyatt and Quinn and I together and Elliott and Ross after soccer practice.

Today's off track activity was wyatts choice.   He chose @waffluv "restaurant" and the bean museum in Provo.  (Elliott chose the aviary last week lest you worry I might not be playing fair) #offtracksucksdeadgoat #offtrack #offtrackisalsoexpensive


Thursday afternoon through Friday morning, the big boys had a sleepover with Ross' parents.  They went to see "How to Train Your Dragon 2" played at some parks and had a grand old time.  Ross picked them up in the morning to take them to the dentist and then brought them home to drive me crazy for the rest of the afternoon.  Thursday late afternoon/evening I had my first week of Stake Young Women's Volleyball.  I am a referee and I had to take Quinn, the boy who hates the church with me and I lived to tell you that yes, even though it isn't easy, you can hold a 35 pound 2 year old on your hip and officiate a volleyball game.  Afterwards the three of us went to dinner and Quinn was a nut, as usual, because his brothers weren't around to steal his spotlight.

Saturday morning Elliott had his second soccer game and he played goalie and Ross was the substitute coach.  Immediately after that, he rushed off with Grandpa Karl up to his first ever Runnin' Utes football game against Fresno State.  It was hot and he and his Grandpa both got sunburned but he had a ton of fun and his ticket stub is still stuck on the fridge a week later.  That night, we celebrated Quinn's birthday with family.  We kept the party small, with just dessert this year, mostly because I'm tired, and it was a great time.  Lots of laughter and fun, just as a party should be.




Sunday?  Sunday's are battles in our house.  Enough said.

Monday we spent the day puttering around, ran too many errands and got some lunch.   Oh, and watched Star Wars.  Mostly because it rained all day.  On Monday night, in spite of the torrential rain, we headed down town with some Petersen's and some Binggeli's and some Howden's and some Wood's to the Utah State Fair.  We had a great night.  The weather was perfect, the kids were well behaved, and the Beach Boys provided the background music.  I think fun was had by all, even if Elliott was the only one who fell asleep on the way home.





And Tuesday?  We went to IKEA.  Dumbest.  Idea.  Ever!

Wednesday the boys went back to school and Quinn and I dropped them off, came home and had a coke.

A very well deserved diet coke.

No comments:


Related Posts with Thumbnails